FHS Students Recognized for Outstanding Journalism

Ms. Santosuosso

FHS sophomores, juniors, and seniors received official Quill and Scroll pins and a very special graduation cord at the induction ceremony.

Grace Tucceri, Writer

Last Tuesday, Pantherbook writers, Panther TV crew members, and Yearbook contributors were inducted into Quill and Scroll. Founded in 1926 at the University of Iowa, Quill and Scroll is one of the most prestigious honor societies for high school journalists in the entire world. Over 14,000 schools from across the country participate, with approximately 1.5 million active members worldwide.

Ms. Moreau presents senior Lily Duffy with her golden graduation cord for her work on the yearbook. (Ms. Santosuosso )

In order to be initiated into Quill and Scroll, students have to be a sophomore, junior, or senior in the upper third of their class. They also have to show a commitment to journalism by producing at least three exceptional works in a school year. Lastly, they had to receive approval from an advisor: Mr. Leighton, Ms. Moreau, or Ms. Taranto.

During the special ceremony, students were called up one-by-one to receive an exclusive pin and a golden cord for when they graduate. Once everyone was finally initiated, a group photo took place to commemorate this exciting moment. Next year, the school is hoping to welcome even more students into FHS’s new Quill and Scroll chapter, for journalism programs are looking to become bigger and better than ever.

Congratulations to everyone!