Registration Now Open for the 2021 Food Elf Program

Kayla Iagallo, Writer

Registration is officially open for the 2021 Food Elf program with the Franklin Food Pantry. The Food Elf program is the Franklin Food Pantry’s largest fundraiser, which was made to help those in need in the Franklin community around the holidays.

Laura Often, the communications manager for the Franklin Food Pantry, said that this year’s fundraising goal is $50,000. Last year, this program was able to raise over $80,000 and help over 1,400 individuals. This allowed for some of the donations to be used for other things as well, including home delivery and specialized kid’s bags.

A Food Elf’s job is to collect donations by setting up a donation page and distributing flyers around assigned neighborhoods in Franklin that hold information on how and where to donate. All Elves will receive 10 to 12 community service hours at the end of the program as well.

Registration is open from now up until November 15 and the program itself runs from December 1 to December 15. All and any students from grades six through twelve can sign up to become a Food Elf and participate in the program. Students can sign up here.

For those just wanting to donate, donations can be made through cash, check, and credit. In addition, more information on both donating and participating in the Food Elf program can be found at the link above too.